Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Race to Stop the Silence, April 08

A few years ago, I found myself in Washington, DC for the 2rd Annual National Race to Stop the Silence. The whole trip was an awesome adventure and I was able to meet up with some amazing, like-minded survivor-advocates, activists and community members who truly wanted to put an end to the pandemic of abuse. It was here, that I had the privilege of meeting Pamela Pine, the woman behind the organization and in charge of planning next year's 5th Annual Race at ANACOSTIA PARK. For those of you in the D.C. area, or for those who want to fly out, I would encourage you to participate. Stop the Silence does great things, one of which is providing a place where silence is broken. For more information on this event, please visit: http://www.stopcsa.org/race/

For further information, e-mail: ppine@stopcsa.org - tell (Wo)Men Speak Out says hello!

No comments: